Friday, 16 January 2009

Colour Inspiration 38






Here is my first attempt at a kwernerdesign Color Inspiration 38. The brief was to use Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White. I am really sorry for the quality of the photo, it's raining cats and dogs and the light is awful.

I used Ruby red for the card and the flowers are made using Stampin up punches, the 1 1/4 in ruby red and the 1" in pretty in pink. The flowers and trim from pumpkin pie. The whisper white is the SU grosgrain ribbon. It's such a rubbish picture which doesn't clearly show that the flowers over hang the front of the card. The orange trim I verso marked the SU stamp from circle of friendship stamps and I used the same stamp with ruby red ink for the flowers.

Not sure how Kristina will rate this card - it is only my first attempt but I did enjoy it and I really enjoy looking at everyone else's efforts. I am not confident that I will be able to get the link thing to work - here's hoping.

2 comments:

  1. I love your card with the scallops like that. What a clever layout! ~Donna

    ReplyDelete