Wednesday, 28 January 2009

A plain and simple card using stampin up punches


Morning fellow bloggers

This is a really rubbish picture - sorry. I wanted to show you a very basic card I did using my stampin up punches. I purchased them from my good pal Linda http://lindyssliceoflife-linda.blogspot.com/ who is a stampin up demonstrator near Plymouth in Devon. The punches are brilliant, I have the flower one, the 1 1/4 and the 1". I also have the stampin up set that has all the little saying that fit the 1" punch - which I have to say is one of the stamp sets I use the most along with curvy verses. I stamped the saying first on a piece of card, then put it into the punch and lined it up before punching out. I mounted it on the 1 1/4 circle with a circular foam mounting piece to raise it to give it volume. I used an orange stick on ribbon and then a patterned orange border from the bottom before tying in the green on the 1 1/4 with green writing on the curvy verse. The rubbish picture does not do the colour justice and I promise my pictures will improve, I just didn't have chance to get a photo of it using my best camera and had to use the old one (sorry).

Whilst posting I just wanted to say what a wonderful bunch of people you all are - I hop over to a lot of blogs and see some beautiful work and read the comments - crafters are such warm and friendly people and this really does open up a whole new world of friends for people.
Have a nice day everyone

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you are making the most of the stamps and the punches - definitely getting your moneys worth out of them. I use mine loads too!

    I keep my cards, I hate the thought of throwing away someones thoughtful work.

    ReplyDelete