Thursday, 19 February 2009

An appeal on behalf of Southampton Rabbit Rescue

Sue Leigh who has Southampton Rabbit Rescue has been in touch with me to say how much she is struggling to keep her rabbit rescue going. She does sterling work, looking after bunnies who are too poorly to be re homed and she also takes in bunnies that are no longer wanted although at the moment she is not in a position to take new bunnies in as she is very short of funds. I have supported Sue's rabbit rescue for the couple of years by sending donations and sponsoring "Bubble"

She has a web site which is

http://www.southamptonrabbitrescue.org.uk/index.html



If you would like to make even a very small donation - say £1.00 that will feed a bunny for a few days. She has worked tirelessly for 4 years now taking in bunnies, re homing, looking after sick bunnies, this rescue is her life. Unfortunately she was unable to get charity status which makes funding very difficult and she relies on donations from people and people sponsoring the residential bunnies. You can donate on her website or if you are not happy doing that you can send a cheque to Sue Leigh, Southampton Rabbit Rescue, 8 Larch Way, Bursledon, Southampton, Hampshire, SO31 8HU.

I would be really grateful if you could copy and paste this and post it into your blogs to spread the word. I know things are really tight money wise at the moment but if everyone visiting my blog donated a pound that would really help. Please know that every single pound sent to Sue goes to her bunny. It is such a pity that someone who does such brilliant work may have to close in a matter of weeks because of lack of money.


In memory of my Biffa and Dusty (Biffa below) for everyone who leaves me a comment with this posting & mentions Sue on their blog I will donate £1.00 to the rescue, so please make sure you spread the word, get your mates to leave a comment too - the more the merrier - I would hate to see this amazing lady have to give up her sterling work.

Thanks so much xxx


PS I do have a limit to how much I have to donate - just so you know x

No comments:

Post a Comment