Tuesday, 24 February 2009

A card for friends



Here is today's card, pretty similar to the missing you that I did a few posts back. If you remember I stamped the stamps when my friend Linda came up last time, then coloured them in at my leisure, came across them the other day and thought ooooh I could make nice cards with those. I love the red and green - the ribbon is stampin up and the card is paper mania. I love double mounting - I think it looks really posh.

I didn't have time to tell you about the weekend yesterday as I was too busy and to be honest still too busy but just wanted to say we took the motorbikes out for the first ride of the year on Saturday. I got on mine and had a complete blank and thought can I remember how to ride this thing but luckily I got to the bottom of the drive and it all clicked into place. Unfortunately ended up with a puncture, luckily our local motorcycle repair place was still open and we left it there yesterday and I rode back home on the back of Phillip's. It was kind of nice to be sitting pillion looking at the countryside rather than having to use every ounce of concentration to ride. They fixed it for us and last night Phillip rode it home and I drove the car - I wasn't that keen riding it back in rush hour on a Monday evening when the world and his wife are driving like crazy folk to get home!

We had some lovely walks with the dog too and even had coffee out in the garden on Saturday morning it was so warm - Spring is definitely coming.
Just a quick mention to anyone that makes cards that reads my blog, Jo http://stampin-n-stuff.blogspot.com/ is looking for one final person to join stampers 8. You agree to purchase £18.75 as a minimum from stampin up each month for 8 months, it's 62p a day. During one of the 8 months you get a free hostess set of stamps. If you haven't seen the catalogue there are so many beautiful things - I can't wait to start, the felt flowers are gorgeous, Jo gave me some to try a little while ago - just lovely. Anyway, if you are interested she wants to get it up and running for March so please get in touch with her. If you don't fancy that, she is doing a ribbon and paper share which is also brilliant - papers are so yummy and everything colour co-ordinates. You will find the paper share on her blog, you need to contact her direct for stampers 8 - her e mail is on her blog.
Thanks Karen x Have a good day all


1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it make card making so easy when it all co-ordinates? he he! I'd say choc chip & real red are my fav colours but I actually love them all!

    Your card is fantastic Karen - really lovely.
    Jobes
    xxx

    ReplyDelete