Friday, 6 March 2009

Birthday Card



Morning Girlies

Today's card I think is for Jo's Mum and Law HOWEVER Jo is expecting a delivery from SU today which should have a certain cup cake stamping set in for yours truly... if this is the case I may collect it on my way home and make a new cupcake card for Sue. The paper was some that I won on Jenny's blog candy, my brads are SU ones, the phrase is from curvy verses again SU and the actual coloured card is papermania. The little flowers are 3 dimensional (the top part), the bases are stuck to the card.

Snow has all gone.

Janet has been in touch today - hi Janet - she is such a sweetie regarding the rock cake recipe. Just so you all know, candied peel is like chopped mixed peel - if you haven't got any or don't like it then just add the equivalent weight in mixed fruit. Some luxury fruit mixes already have the peel in anyway. The mixed spice if you haven't got any is optional - it's lovely with and lovely without. The spice is made up of mainly cinnamon, then nutmeg, clove and ginger so you could mix a bit of your own up.

I really love blogging, I have met so many wonderful people, my Mum stops by at both Lou and I's blog on a regular basis which is just great - HI MUMSIE and I get to see all my friends beautiful work.

Have a great weekend all - the sun is out, the sky is blue and Spring is on its way.

K x

2 comments:

  1. A lovely card Karen - funky and bright!

    Isn't blogging great so many places to visit, pick up new ideas and enjoy whiling away the time.

    Have a great weekend.

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen - sorry I've been missing in action the past few days. Patrick hasn't been feeling too good and I've been doing some spring cleaning around the house since he couldn't go outside. I didn't get to make the cookies like I wanted but hope to either this weekend or this coming weekend.

    I love this card - it is so colorful and I love the paper. It's very cheerful.

    I agree with you regarding blogging. I have had so much fun and have met so many new people, like you, Jo, Lou, etc., and now your mom - Hi Karen's mom - I hope you are doing well. I look forward to hearing from you all. It truly brightens my day when I do.

    Well, I'm off to go see what other beautiful creations are out there - I'm a few days behind.

    ReplyDelete