*UPDATE* WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER - PLEASE ALL WELCOME JEANETTE - YOU CAN FIND HER BLOG HERE: WELCOME ABOARD JEANETTE - YOU WILL FIND THE CHALLENGE BELOW. IT'S A NICE EASY ONE THIS MONTH TO GET US STARTED.
It looks like everyone is on board with the card challenge (not heard from Rachel yet) but will e mail her - I am sure she will go along with it. Anyone else that wants to join let me know - the more the merrier. So far we have Linda, Jo, Lou, Janet, me and Rachel (the old two peas group). We need to give the challenge a name as some of you already do challenges so can someone come up with a name pretty darn quick!
On the first of the month one of us has to post a card challenge. By the 24th of the month the challenge needs to be completed and up on your blog. The rules are that you have to stipulate three things in the challenge with an optional fourth (being layout)
1. The general theme ie. Spring, Birthday, Sorry, Thank you, Christmas.
2. The number of colours or colours they should use and if you are feeling brave the colours you would like to see used.
3. A reference to embellishments - i.e. what should be included or not included,
4. Layout design if you wish
Once you put your card up on your blog then the others need to leave a comment and whose their favourite is and why. The one who gets the vote for the favourite gets to do the challenge the following month. It would be a good idea to email me to let me know you have done your card. I will collect all the pictures together and post them on my blog under one posting so you can all leave a comment to choose your favourite on my blog (on or about the 24th of the month) - that way we will know who the winner is.
So if everyone is agreed as tomorrow is the first of the month I will go first.
1. The theme I would like is birthday - don't mind whether it's for a child, adult, male or female.
2. The maximum number of colours including base card colour is 4 - don't mind which colours they are.
3. I would like to see at least one stamp used and an embellishment but not ribbon - could be brads, eyelets, peel offs, buttons
4. Layout - no stipulation.
This should be quite an easy one but as we go along we can up our game a bit and put challenges in like must be dimensional, must have acetate, etc - really excited to stretch my creativity a bit as most of my cards look the same.
Good luck, let me know if you don't understand anything and please let me know when you have uploaded your image and I will let the group know by posting it on the blog.
AS VOTED BY LINDA AND JANET IT IS TO BE CALLED THE MORE THE MERRIER CARD CHALLENGE.