Thursday, 2 April 2009

Card Challenge - "the more the merrier card challenge"

*UPDATE* WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER - PLEASE ALL WELCOME JEANETTE - YOU CAN FIND HER BLOG HERE: WELCOME ABOARD JEANETTE - YOU WILL FIND THE CHALLENGE BELOW. IT'S A NICE EASY ONE THIS MONTH TO GET US STARTED.

Hi Girls

It looks like everyone is on board with the card challenge (not heard from Rachel yet) but will e mail her - I am sure she will go along with it. Anyone else that wants to join let me know - the more the merrier. So far we have Linda, Jo, Lou, Janet, me and Rachel (the old two peas group). We need to give the challenge a name as some of you already do challenges so can someone come up with a name pretty darn quick!

On the first of the month one of us has to post a card challenge. By the 24th of the month the challenge needs to be completed and up on your blog. The rules are that you have to stipulate three things in the challenge with an optional fourth (being layout)

1. The general theme ie. Spring, Birthday, Sorry, Thank you, Christmas.
2. The number of colours or colours they should use and if you are feeling brave the colours you would like to see used.
3. A reference to embellishments - i.e. what should be included or not included,
4. Layout design if you wish


Once you put your card up on your blog then the others need to leave a comment and whose their favourite is and why. The one who gets the vote for the favourite gets to do the challenge the following month. It would be a good idea to email me to let me know you have done your card. I will collect all the pictures together and post them on my blog under one posting so you can all leave a comment to choose your favourite on my blog (on or about the 24th of the month) - that way we will know who the winner is.

So if everyone is agreed as tomorrow is the first of the month I will go first.

1. The theme I would like is birthday - don't mind whether it's for a child, adult, male or female.
2. The maximum number of colours including base card colour is 4 - don't mind which colours they are.
3. I would like to see at least one stamp used and an embellishment but not ribbon - could be brads, eyelets, peel offs, buttons
4. Layout - no stipulation.

This should be quite an easy one but as we go along we can up our game a bit and put challenges in like must be dimensional, must have acetate, etc - really excited to stretch my creativity a bit as most of my cards look the same.

Good luck, let me know if you don't understand anything and please let me know when you have uploaded your image and I will let the group know by posting it on the blog.

AS VOTED BY LINDA AND JANET IT IS TO BE CALLED THE MORE THE MERRIER CARD CHALLENGE.

K x

5 comments:

  1. Understood and ready (well will be ) to go soon. Sounds like it should be fun.

    How about as in your post calling it the More the Merrier challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun - I'm ready to go. Oh, I like More the Merrier - it's catchy. I'll start on this challenge in the next day or two since I have a zillon birthdays coming up over the next few weeks. No ribbon, now that is going to be a challenge :) Great one Karen !! Talk to you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a stamping friend of Linda.

    I would like to increase the More the Merrier group by one, me.

    I'll let you know when I have something for the challenge. Sounds like fun.

    Thanks for letting me join in.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, another South Carolinian - how fun is that? I'm going to head over to Jeanette's blog in a bit to say hello. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK here is my card for your challenge.

    Here's mine!I had fun doing it.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete