Monday, 18 May 2009

Those blooming cardboard flowers !

Never one to give up I decided to have another go with those pesky cardboard flowers.....This effort is slightly better than the last one but to be honest I am still struggling a bit. Maybe I need to use them on larger cards... The first picture, whilst a bit dark shows the true colours of the greens and browns I used. I used a dauber to distress the edge of the green mount a little and then dabbed the cardboard flower with various colours adding glitter on the edges of the petal. The cardboard flower came in three, the dark ring and the circle being separate. I embellished the middle with a sparkly stick on fake diamond (ha) and added the little butterfly.

The second picture is brighter as I took it with the flash but it doesn't show the true colours of the card but you can see a bit more detail ! It does actually look quite good in real life but I still don't feel completely satisfied with my effort.

My main master piece for the weekend can't be shown as it's for Lindas' birthday which isn't until the 23rd.

Have a great week all
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment