Friday, 14 August 2009

Anniversary Card for Phillip



Well, three attempts later.... I finally have made a card that I am really pleased with for Phillip for our anniversary. The green one was the second one I attempted, the first one ended up in the bin. I quite like the green one but it's hardly a romantic colour and red and green are not supposed to be seen together.

I used my cricut to cut an aperture in the card and then stamped the SU stamps onto tracing paper using a versa marker then I chalk dabbed the different colours. I had already sized and folded the tracing paper to ensure it lined up properly with the aperture. I used SU ribbons (thanks Linda) and also the silver bits and bobs are SU but I can't remember what they are called (brain ache). I then cut the hearts out on the cricut, put the heart on the inside so it a back drop through the tracing paper for the front image then put the little hearts on dimensionals down the side. The photo does not show the lovely red colour properly and the lovely ribbon colours !

It's not very often I am really pleased with something but I sure am with this card.
Have a great weekend everyone and look forward to seeing lots of cake slices in my inbox on Monday.
K x





1 comment:

  1. Karen this is absolutely gorgeous - Phillip will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete