Friday, 7 August 2009

My Mum and her twin's 65th birthday

I know my blog was quiet last week - this is because my Mum reads my blog from time to time and I could not risk the surprise being spoilt. I have been working very hard - with some help from Lou on two scrap book albums, one for my Mum and one for her twin - 8x8, twenty pages of each, I think Lou did 7 pages and I did the rest so I am sure you can imagine how much work it has taken. I also did matching cricut tags for the parcels - don't they look lovely.


We took my Mum on a narrow boat for the day on Saturday from Bath - photos to follow and then went over to Auntie's in Weston Super Mare for cake and tea which was just lovely - a really nice end to the day. All a surprise for my Mum ! The albums went down a storm - both of them had a little cry and really appreciated them.


Lou came down on the Saturday before and we used the cricut to cut cake slices out which I then decorated this week I then filled them with chocolates so everyone can have one on Saturday evening. The photos show it not quite sitting right, this is because at the time of taking the photo the boxes were empty and needed filling and the ends sticking down. It says special day rather than 65th as they are a little bit touchy about their ages !








I also made two birthday cakes and flapjack on Thursday evening for Saturday and did the food preparation for the boat trip on Friday.

Photos of Saturday following in the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment