Thursday, 20 August 2009

A Perfect Day

What a wonderful day we had yesterday. The weather was hot and sunny, just like it was all those years ago. We took a picnic and set out from the house and walked through some of the amazing countryside that we are lucky enough to literally have on our doorstep. We stopped for about an hour in our of our favourite valleys under a tree and had our picnic and a well earned rest. I think we did about 10 miles. When we got back we had a soak in the hot tub and then a shower and finished our day by going to the Chef De China (our favourite Chinese restaurant) for a wonderful romantic meal for two. Phillip got me a lovely card, the words bought a tear to my eye and he loved both the cards I had made. He also loved his cake slice. We have so much to be thankful for, we have good health, happiness, each other and the dog and we couldn't ask for anything more.
Here's me, just before we are due to go out - not got my face on yet though !

Here's my darling, handsome Phillip - still makes my heart skip a beat when I look at him - he's my soul mate.


My boys on our picnic under the tree in the shade.

Our darling little fella, a bit worn out but showered and clean as he got a bit muddy when we were out !
I want to congratulate Angie over at Kaboodle Doodle on her 20th anniversary yesterday - we got married at 2.30 and Angie at 3.00 - hope you had a smashing day Angie.
K x

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day for a perfectly matched couple - congratulations Karen and Phillip. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy anniversary Karen! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and thanks for sharing the pics - you looks gorgeous (and I loev your shoes!!!) Have a great weekend! Kate x

    ReplyDelete