Friday, 23 October 2009

A new Niece and Just Buggin Challenge 8













Just buggin challenge this week is a card with using a die cut. My brother and his wife have just had their third little baby girl, Phoebe Josephine joined the world on the 21st October, weighing in at 8lb 8 - Mum and baby doing well.
So, my card is for them and my two nieces Olivia and Amelia. I sized my card and then found the centre point. Using the centre point buttong on the Cricut I cut out the circle. I then cut out the circular mount to put around it. I stamped my image on to some tracing paper I had and coloured it in and then stuck it behind the opening. I then glued on the sparkly beads which I purchase from a fabulous e bay shop.

I added an extra section inside to put the welcome on (again using the Cricut to cut out the letters) and then the last double page is for my greeting which I have yet to add. Again, all the circles and the main flower was cut out on the Cricut. I added some flowers that I won from Papertrey Ink a while ago with some buttons (these have been so useful - thanks ladies) and more half beads.
The colours are really rich but due to poor light they are not showing up great on the pictures but I hope they will be pleased with the card but with the postal strike I am not sure when they will get it - they live in America !
Have a fabulous weekend everyone and crafty hugs to you all - I am off to Jo's opening house this afternoon for a nice bit of home made cake and a bit of drooling over stampin up goodies - can't wait.

K x

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new niece! Really love the card. Funny anything with purple never comes out the right colour when I photograph it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo pretty. I love the purple. Wonderful job with the bling around the circle on the front and I love the flower on the inside section. Congrats on your new neice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!! I love the whole design and everything. Congrats on the new addition to your family. I bet your brother is super happy.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    Just Buggin' Creator

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Karen and congratulations on having another neice. Best wishes to your brother and his family.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this is beautiful!! Love all the touches of sparkle!! Congrats on your new niece!

    ReplyDelete