Thursday, 10 December 2009

Orient Express for my Nan's 88th birthday






Yesterday I took my Nan on the Orient Express from Bristol to Carmanthen (in Wales) and back again. It was a birthday present from my Mum, My Auntie and Phillip and I for her 88th birthday. We had a lovely day, so worth the money, we were really well looked after and they made such a big fuss of my Nan.




The food was wonderful, smoked fish, then soup and bread, then roast goose and all the trimmings, cheese and biscuits, then Christmas pudding, mince pie and coffee. We were all presented with a beautiful leather bound diary as a gift from the OE. We also had a lovely Christmas cracker which we couldn't bear to pull it was so lovely. They gave us the bottle of wine to take away with us as we weren't drinking and made sure we had plenty of soft drinks all day. There was a magician and musicians on board, who very kindly played happy birthday to my Nan. We had also arranged for my Nan to be presented with an Orient Express bear.

(Bear, Diary, gift bag and cracker)

It was a very enjoyable day and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys eating good food and being spoilt.

This is the birthday card I made for my Nan
K x

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your Nan was spoilt rotten - what a lovely way to celebrate her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic pressie. Your nan looks like she's really enjoying herself, bless her.

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a great time celebrating your nan's birthday and it was great seeing the pictures. Please pass on belated birthday wishes from me.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete