Monday, 10 January 2011

Monday....





Morning Ladies.

This morning I am show casing Phillip's Dad's 70th birthday card - he will be 70 at the end of the week. The sentiment is from SU and the 70 I cut out with the cricut. I used black and mirri card (the mount is silver, black then silver) and the main card stock is SU - it's such a lovely colour isn't it. The celebrate is mounted on silver too. The ribbon is black SU satin - gorgeous to work with.





The other photo is the cardigan I am knitting, I have managed to do two fronts (with the exception of about 20 rows on one of the fronts). They were both finished but I noticed I had made a very slight error which I couldn't leave, hence taking it back. The back and the sleeves are plain so they should knit up quite quickly (hopefully). I quite enjoy the challenge of bobbles and cable and I am no stranger to it as I have knit a very long scarf using a similar pattern.



It was a beautiful day yesterday, sunshine and blue skys, we made the most of it walking in the lovely countryside around us. I can't wait for Spring, but until it comes I am keeping myself fully occupied (to save my sanity).

Quick update on the 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle, about another 50 pieces have gone in over the weekend, so I would say over a third done now - although it's hard to tell. It's going to be a long job!


Have a lovely week everyone.
K x





















3 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you have had a busy weekend Karen, great card and good luck finishing the cardi and jigsaw! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Phill's dad!My dad celebrate his 70th birthday last week!!!
    The card you make it's very very cute!
    love
    ele

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card for Phillip's dad. I can't wait to see the cardigan - it looks so warm. Have fun with the jigsaw (I love to work on those things).

    ReplyDelete