Monday, 16 May 2011

I'm back...

Sorry for my absence, over the last few weeks I have been very busy doing a job for a very, very good friend of mine.





I have finally finished the preparation for Anne and John's surprise 50th wedding anniversary party at the end of May. I had to cheat a little bit as I haven't had much spare time due to the other project, so I purchased the boxes but still had to assemble them all (they weren't too bad cost wise about £5 for 10 boxes). I have put 5 gold foil covered chocolate hearts in each box. I also glued the 50 on to make it a bit more personal.








I have mounted some pictures for each table (they stand up like cards) - there is a new shop in Wimborne, a kodak one that scans old photos and makes really good copies of them. The copies are better than the original.I have also purchased some golden wedding fake petals, and shiny gold 50th Happy Anniversary confetti... The tables are being dressed in white with gold cloth napkins, silver cultery and cut crystal glass - (it's a posh place). I showed you the name tags for place settings in an earlier post.



Anne and John's present are the two frames with the black and white wedding photos in - it was really hard to try and get it right and I hope you think I have done a good job! It's SU patterned paper and card and the flowers are all wild orchid. The rhinestones are some I have had for a while. Aren't there some smashing hats in the photos - and 50 years what an achievement in this day and age.




I didn't want to do gold so did two very different colours, Anne loves poppies and reds and Jo Dumbleton has done some lovely pages in black, cream and red so borrowed her colour scheme. The blues are also gorgous mixed with crumb cake, again Jo's suggestion on colours - thanks Jo.








I had some cards to make too which didn't get my usual attention as I am going to be short on time this week and next - I needed to get them done, so I could tick them off my long list, I will show those on another post later in the week.


I hope everyone is well and happy.


K x

3 comments:

  1. Wow Karen, you have been busy! Absolutely gorgeous LOs and love those boxes! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorogeous LO's Karen and I am sure they will appreciate all the hard work you have put into them and the party. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Karen, these are flippin amazing!!! I bet John and Anne will be overwhelmed by them. They really are gorgeous!
    J x

    ReplyDelete