Monday, 25 July 2011

Wild Orchid is a year old









I love Wild Orchid flowers and have literally hundreds of them - I use them a lot on my cards, they are super products and super quick delivery service. They are celebrating their first birthday with a layout challenge which you can find here.





I used brand new card and paper from Jo's scrapbook kit which I bought last week, what's really great about her kits is you pay £15.00 plus P&P if applicable (you can collect which is what I do) and you get a great selection of the latest SU papers, card, ribbon and embellishments without having to buy packs of everything. This is a great way to find out if you really like something and I REALLY like the latest kit - gorgeous.


I used my Martha Stewart punch to punch out the edge on the card before adding SU half pearls, to the centres. I then punched out paper to match for the inside, put the ribbon on and glued into place. I mounted up the front panel using card and paper from SU and put ribbon round, punched through for the brads.


I used a gorgeous Lili of the Valley stamp for the main picture and a circular sentiment from Lili which I punched out three times and used dimensionals to lift and place. I then did my bouquet of flowers to add to the ribbon and then dressed the card with different sized SU half pearls (in Jo's kit this month) and finally added dabs of glitter to the top of the cakes.

This card is for someone really, really special, my Mum. My Mum is fabulous, and I love her to bits. For a special treat we have booked a canal boat for the day to take her and my adorable sister Lou, her hubby Andy and my nephew Stuart and my wonderful hubby Phillip and the hound of course in August.... can't wait.


Happy Monday everyone.


K x

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, love the image and papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly gorgeous card which your mum will adore along with the wonderful canal boat trip you have planned.

    We walked along Hatton Locks on Saturday which was really nice and watched a couple of boats go through some of the them - hard work but looked great fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that boat trip sounds lots of fun Karen! That is a lovely card, wonderful colours! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, fabulous colours too thanks for joining us at Wild orchid Craft's this week hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Karen! I've eventually managed to post a comment. Your Mum will love the card. Have a fabulous time on the canal boat in August.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Such Great news you are joining us, at Just Tracys, I love Lili of the valley, mulberry flowers and more.

    Speak soon

    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card Karen - it's great to hear that you will be joining JTs - sadly the August challenge will be my last one, but I have become a follower, Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute cards, I did a little snoop around your blog! I look forward to "working" with you at Just Tracy's.

    ReplyDelete