Wednesday, 24 August 2011

snail racing and Alfreds Tower at Stourhead







Saturday evening in our village we had a wonderful time - our village committee had organised snail racing, welly wanging and skittles together with a ploughmans supper. It was fabulous fun, Phillip and I won the skittles, I drew with Lady Seymour with 20 points and Phillip won the men's and over all with 21 points. I also won £2.75 on one of my snail bets. You can see some of our snails in this particular race, I cut out stamped images to put on top of my snails. It was so brilliant seeing everyone laughing and having fun and the supper was delicious. They do a super job our village committee.


Sunday we spent the whole day out in the camper van which was great, particularly as the weather cheered up no end in the afternoon. We visited Alfreds Tower at Stourhead gardens, I climbed the 205 steps to the top, which is a spiral staircase, I was as giddy as a kipper by the time I got to the top. The views are amazing and it's over very high... no good for my Mum who doesn't like heights. We finished off our day with a bar-b-que with the most amazing views over our valley at home, having called in at Shafesbury for an icecream on our way back and a walk.
I am so lucky to live where I do, it's truly amazing.




Sorry for lack of cards, just not had chance to do any.....


K x








1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend Karen! Jill x

    ReplyDelete