Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Thank you card for Elaine

We had the most wonderful fun at a tea party held by someone in our village on the 24th of July. I took one of my much loved coffee cakes to the event. We started with a drink and nuts etc followed by tiny sandwiches and rolls and then cake (oh yum), there was the most delicious brownies made by Elaine which were very addictive, my coffee cake which went down really well, tiny scones with jam and cream and some great cup cakes. The cup cakes didn't get eaten, I think they looked too yummy to eat and also with all the icing and decoration on top they were a bit difficult to eat without a fork. We had a really good laugh and it was very pleasant. The only downside was it wasn't very warm, we could have done with a bit of sunshine.

The two stamps are SU, as is the paper and card. Martha Stewart punch and the tiny half pearls and bigger half pearls are SU too.

Funnily enough I was dropping off a leaflet for our snail racing, welly wanging and skittle evening to Elaine's the other evening and she opened the door especially to say thank you for the card which really does make it all worth while.

So Tuesday already, the time is galloping by, August already and hardly seen a peep of summer, mind you the last couple of days have been gorgeous.

K x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Karen - love the cupcake image. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    thanks for popping over,it's lovely to have you on the team sorry my welcome is a bit late but I've just got back from my holiday in Dorset,and I'm going back down again Saturday,but have become a follower so I can keep up with you...Beautiful card by the way and the party sounded fabulous all those lovely cakes yummy...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and it sounds like a lovely tea party. I'm not surprised your cake went down a treat I've tasted your baking for myself and it's truly scrumptious.

    Summer happened last week while I was on leave, although the sun did come out again today while I was out walking Max - does this mean I should be off work all the time?

    ReplyDelete