Thursday, 19 January 2012

Chrissie's inspiration

I am really inspired by Chrissie's challenge card over at Less is more, her and Mandi run this fabulous blog showing that you don't have to stick hundreds of things on your card in order to make it look pretty.  Chrissie's card this week has inspired me twice, once for the challenge and the second for a card I whipped up tonight.  Everything is stampin up and the idea I have borrowed from Chrissie - thank you Chrissie.  I cut out a circle from some scrap card then used a dauber to put ink on to my base card.  I wanted to make it layered so I used two colours, orange and yellow from the bold brights.  I then used a black ink pad to stamp the gorgeous SU flower stalks and then the SU sentiment - simple but just so pleased with it.



I know I will be doing a lot more of these types of things and will be embracing less is more.

K x

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Karen - it is really amazing how little really needs to be done to make a card attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and lovely colours
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i have to say, *I* am really inspired by THIS gorgeous interpretation of chrissie's lovely card! what an amazing example of C&S style this is, not to mention stamping and inking and blending skillz! personally, i could no more do this than i could FLY... which is why i sit here and drool over your considerable talent!!! ♥♥♥!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is BRILLIANT - it's wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete