Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Distressing.....

 I don't have any distressing inks in my collection, I do however have SU inks.  I watched a video by an SU demonstrator using SU inks to distress card, so thought I would have a go.  I don't have a distressing pad so used a bit of sponge (the stuff you use for cleaning pans etc, it was a new one).  I used whisper white card and then added various ink colours to bring up the colour of the card.  I then stamped my main image on and then the butterflies.  I stamped the butterfly again on the same colour card as my mount and sentiment card to stick on top of one of the butterflies.  I stamped my base card after I had used the roller for the bottom half, tied the bow then mounted my main image on dimensionals.  I added some half pearls on each corner and three on the happy birthday sentiment.

This is way out of my comfort zone and I am pleased with the result (I think), I need to get some practice in though and maybe I will invest in some distress ink at some point.

K

2 comments:

  1. Love it Karen, think I am permanently distressed!! Jill x

    ReplyDelete