Monday, 2 January 2012

Jingle Belles Challenge - no time like the present.

Ok, here we go the first challenge over at Jingle Belles - no time like the present is to make a holiday card incorporating gift paper, now it just so happens I saved some of mine as I really liked it.  So here....*drum roll* is the first of I hope many Christmas cards this year to help me avoid the stress I had a few weeks ago (crikey is that all it is) when I seemed to be doing nothing but making cards for Christmas.



So here it is.  I used Stampin Up base card, then cut out some Christmas paper and stuck that on.  I then made a small parcel, used some twine and also the tiny tag from SU which I punched out three times.  I then printed a small snowflake on each tag and in the middle put a little bit of sparkle (the tags are red and due to my bad photo they are not showing up too well.  It is the same red as the base.  I then mounted a bit of mirri card before adding the parcel at a jaunty angle on top.  The Merry Christmas is an SU stamp, stamped on the same red and then mounted on mirri card.  I mounted the parcel on dimensionals so it stands out.   I also versa marked the red card -  but again it doesn't show up really.

Ironically I put the Xmas decorations away today, I had got as far as putting them upstairs out of the way but got up in the roof today and packed them up... all over for another year and ready to go back to work tomorrow (can't believe the holidays are over).

K x

8 comments:

  1. Love your sweet package tied with twine ... and how fun are those tiny little blinged tags ... so glad you're joining us at jingle belles in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! what an awesome holiday card and a brilliant take on the "present" theme! i love that fabulous little parcel with its sparkly little tags... i'd definitely like to get a blingy gift like that!!!

    happy new year to you, and thanks for coming along and helping us celebrate at JINGLE BELLES! i think i can predict a much less "crikey" christmas in 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're going to be joining in with the Jingle Belles challenges - we can keep each other going on this one! Love your use of wrapping paper - fantastic start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. It's such an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the pretty wrapping paper and the little parcel you've gift wrapped.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice wrapping paper! And great how you did both, use gift wrap AND show the image of a present.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little package looks so pretty highlighted agains the mirror paper. This is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete