Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Jingle Belles Sketching through snow

The second challenge of the new year from the lovely Jingle Belles is a gorgeous sketch by Kirsty Vittetoe.  I have used a variety of things on my card.  My base is SU, the ribbon is SU, the circular stamped image is an SU tree for all seasons, the various patterned papers are from a kit that my Nan gave me sometime ago.


Sorry about the crummy photo, the colours are lovely in real life - I just can't seem to get my camera to take a decent photo so late in the day.... roll on Spring.

So that's the second card done for Xmas - thanks to Linda spurring me on. 

I have achieved a lot already in this New Year.  I finally finished my cut thru camper cross stitch last night - a real labour of love.  I will show you when I have washed it....

I have just completed the third module of my animal anatomy course - only 7 more and the exam to go !  I am part way through module four of my holistic animal course.  I have completed my friend Jenny's books - a mammoth task but onwards and forwards now using Sage so should be much easier in the future and I am keeping up to date with my Jingle Belles cards.....

There is much more to do but I am feeling much better about things....

K x

6 comments:

  1. Love that tiny little snowman ... what a perfect image for your circle ... thanks for getting sketchy with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you have got a lot on your plate Karen!! Really must get started on my Christmas cards! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, it does sound like you've been busy this month Karen & here I am congratulating myself on keeping the blog updated lol I love cross stitching, I use to do it all the time before the kids came along - therapeutic & stunning results (think I'll take it up again when the children are boarding in a few years), do share your masterpiece when it's done :) Finally, a beautiful card, thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous christmas card, with lots of wonderful layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great Christmas card Karen - it's great to have your company with this challenge each time.

    Look forward to seeing the cross stitch and good luck with your courses. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy WOW you are ambitious and already have achieved so much in 2012! ♥LOVING ♥ that adorable snowman stamp and the mix of pretty papers and colors you have used in your fab version of kirsty's sketch!

    ps: but yes, definitely, spring cannot come soon enough for me, either!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete