Tuesday, 14 February 2012

4 CHANCES TO WIN FAB CANDY IF YOU HELP RUTH



£40 OF STAMPIN UP VOUCHERS TO BE SPENT WITH Jo  (she very kindly matched my £20 voucher)£20 STAMPIN UP VOUCHERS TO BE
SPENT WITH Clair
Linda IS ALSO DONATING STAMPIN UP CANDY
Jackie HAS  DONATED A SET OF SCALLOPED OVAL NESTABLILITIES AND 10 PROMARKERS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH LADIES - YOU ARE WONDERFUL.
I ALSO NEED TO THANK ALL OF YOU LOVELY LADIES WHO HAVE DONATED VIA RUTH'S PAGE BUT NOT LEFT A COMMENT ON MY BLOG (EITHER YOU ARE A BIT SHY OR DON'T HAVE A BLOG YOURSELVES).  IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE CANDY DRAW PLEASE MAIL ME AT tollardtart@yahoo.co.uk AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE INCLUDED. 

SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW WHY WE HAVE ALL THIS AMAZING CANDY UP FOR GRABS... READ ON....

How would you like to help me to help Ruth and be in with the chance of winning the above prizes?

I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show and one of the articles really touched my heart.  The lady in the photograph is Ruth and the little boy is her 10 year old son Brandon.  Sadly she was misdiagnosed and when the Dr's finally found out what was wrong with Ruth she was VERY sick indeed.  She has bowel cancer which has spread to her sacrum bone and she needs an operation which can not be performed here in the UK.  Ruth is a single parent and wants the chance to live so she can watch young Brandon grow up and have a Mum which is no more than any little boy deserves.  You can read Ruth's story HERE.  She is incredibly positive, brave and remarkably unbitter

SO WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO HAVE A CHANCE OF WINNING THIS LOVELY CANDY.
The rules are simple:-


1. Head over to Ruth's site and donate £2.00 (or more if you like) - you can contact her and she will give you the bank details or you can do it via pay pal. YOU DON'T NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO DONATE - JUST A CREDIT OR DEBIT  CARD - IT'S SAFE AND SECURE.  Please leave her a cheery message and wish her well and tell her you are donating via the Stampin UP appeal for Ruth in blog world.
2.  Make a reference to the appeal on your blog and please spread the word - get as many as your friends as you can to donate £2.
3. Come back to my blog and leave a comment at the bottom of this posting - you will be entered into the draw once the £250 has been raised and you will have a chance to win one of the fabulous prizes.

Please, please help, most of you are Mummy's out there and I just can't imagine how difficult the situation must be for Ruth and Brandon - the £2 will make a real difference if we can spread the word far enough.
Thank you so much on behalf of Ruth and myself.

Karen x

This posting will stay at the top of my blog until I raise the £250....

Update 6th February - total up to £230.00 - well done nearly there !


 

20 comments:

  1. I really hope that Ruth & her family raise enough money for her operation Karen, how wonderful of you to raise awareness xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I'll happily add another £20 to the prize to help raise the funds for such a worthwhile cause. I'll post on my blog and facebook and hope you get lots of visitors to make that small donation of £2 which is absolutely nothing in the grand scale of things. Ruth's story certainly hit a nerve with me and I couldn't bare to think of Jake without a Mummy.

    You're always so generous for those less fortunate than ourselves and I take my hat off to you.
    Love ya lots.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been and donated for ruth I will also leave a link on my blog and Twitter. Whats £2.00 even in the current climate !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly hope that you manage to raise enough money to help Ruth. I have not been blogging much but over the weekend will post about this good cause. I would also like to donate a crafting gift too, I will work out what and get in touch with you. No child should be without its parents, I worried myself sick when mine were younger as to what would happen to them i we weren't about. A wonderful cause and good luck with it. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to donate another £20 Stampin up voucher into the prize fund...email me valentines.cards@btinternet.com & we'll sort it out for sure!

    well done you for raising awareness!! - let's make sure we reach the £250 target.

    Love, Clair xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want the candy as Im also an SU demo, I have donated £10 direct to Ruth though. Good luck.Linda X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen

    Can I donate a couple of prizes towards the raffle please? 1 set of scalloped oval Nestabilities and 10 Promarkers. Let me know if that's OK.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. FROM MY VERY LOYAL AND LOVING FRIEND JEN, WHO DOESN'T HAVE A BLOG OF HER OWN TO COMMENT AND ASKED ME TO TYPE THE FOLLOWING (BLUSH BLUSH).

    What an amazing person my friend Karen is. One of God’s angels in disguise, always doing something for someone and now what a great cause is this !



    Come on everyone give generously how would you feel if it was your Mum, your friend, your family, we are all God’s creatures and without angels like Karen how often do you look to help someone else out.

    Easy to go to the sales and buy something we all think we need this lady Ruth really needs something so let’s give generously …..



    I personally am blessed by Karen in my life daily and I mean daily… with up lifting emails of encouragement and support – the most amazing cards showing me huge effort and love going into each and every one of them. I know because I do this it is so easy to go and buy a card – I am guilty of this as most people are - but all you stamper and card makers out there, know it takes effort, and love to make something .. the love you inject into each card means so much …



    So I for one thank God for my friend Karen. I am grateful and thankful and so proud to have her in my life. I am a very private person and Karen is truly one of my only friends and I am so blessed.



    My love and support go to you Ruth I wish you God’s blessings and hope you manage to raise what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. £20.00 donated by Steve Harrhy of Planet Glass and Glazing, Wimborne, Dorset.

    Thank you Steve xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. £2.00 donated by Louise who doesn't have a blog - thank you louise we will enter you in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. £10.00 donated by SCF Hardware of Wimborne, thank you very much Les.

    ReplyDelete
  12. £2.00 just donated by Steve Barker of Wimborne - thank you Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Mum Joan has just donated £20 - thank you Mum, love ya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Steve Trim of SCF Hardware has just donated £5.00 for Ruth, thank you Steve.

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Linda for your kind donation - you are a star xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another £5 donated by Stuart Gill, from Melbourne, Oz - thank you Stuart.

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW...I'm amazed we've reached £199 already!!! Thank you everyone!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This touched my heart more so because I have two boys and my worst nightmare would be, to not see them grow up. I so hope Ruth gets all the money she needs and more :)

    I have donated Karen ;)

    Hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a sad, amazing story. You never expect anyone to be in this situation - no one should find themselves where Ruthie is.
    I can't begin to imagine what she must be going through, but she deserves to see her son grow up and her son deserves to has his mum by his side every step of his growing up.
    Karen, thank you for asking for our help xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pleased to be able to help. Have just donated £5 via paypal, but had a bit of trouble so hope it reaches you. Sending my love and prayers to Ruth and Brandon
    WendY x

    ReplyDelete