Thursday, 5 January 2012

Notice board




I thought you might like to see my lovely new notice board that Phillip and I made not so long ago.  It is to give me inspiration for my scrapbooking and crafting.  It's a piece of pin board, which I then stuck wadding too, before covering with gorgeous red poppy material - in real life it really is gorgeous.  I then used SU ribbon - I love the black and white striped ribbon and red satin SU ribbon to make the lattice.  I then secured the ribbon on the cross overs with drawing pins that I had super glued gorgeous buttons on to.  It was a bit fiddly as I had to cut the little bits of the back of the button and then glue it to the pin head - so worth it though as they are really pretty black and red flower pins (note to self super glue really does stick skin together in seconds).  The photos/papers slot in behind the ribbon which keeps them in place.

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea Karen, looks fab too - I love poppies! I thought your thank you cards were so sweet....wish I had made mine 'flat' - completely forgot Royal Mail's rules!! Have a good day :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your notice board is fabulous Karen and should provide you with plenty of space for inspirational photos, leaflets,etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete