Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Simply Less is more challenge - birds

Over at Simply Less is More the challenge this week is one layer - birds.  I really loved Chrissie's card so I have used her idea (hope she doesn't mind).  I punched out a circle on to some scrap paper and also stamped my owl on to some scrap. I used some SU whisper white card.  I placed my owl within my circle on my card and then rollered over with an Stampin up roller.  I then used my stampamajig to then place my owl over where my paper one had been - this way the rollered bit didn't merge in with my owl.  I then stamped my sentiment.  It's a really great idea - thanks Chrissie and so easy to do.  I think the card is really effective and I enjoyed working very simply for a change.  Finally I coloured in my owl eyes and beak with a pro marker.

I am sorry my picture is dark but I wanted to try and get the silver background in behind the owl.

Thanks K

7 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased that I inspired you to make this fab card Karen. Maybe you'll keep this idea in your arsenal of designs for future use.
    Great job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab CAS card Karen & I love the litle owl image.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with this sweet owl image, beautifully CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try that technique Karen cause the result is fabulous....going to swing by Chrissie's blog too cause you can never have too much inspiration! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a fantastic CAS card - I'm really enjoying this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB card Karen
    Chrissie is always so inspirational

    Many thanks
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and like the concept of less is more - going to give that a try tomorrow !!

    ReplyDelete