Sunday, 29 January 2012

Simply less is more - sketch


Simply Less is More this week is a very nice sketch.  I used black card (I have put a white insert inside the card to write on).  I stamped the sentiment using white SU ink (the sentiment is also SU both from the same set).  The patterned paper is Paper Cellar Ltd, the top card I used mirri card and then cut the patterned paper to mount on top, leaving a small gap in between each piece. The second I just put a strip of mirri card on top of the patterned paper.

I would like to thank everybody for their support so far with my "Help Ruthie" campaign,  I have been so lucky with donations of SU vouchers and candy as well as donations.  All I need from you is £2 and a comment to be in with a chance to win £40 first prize of SU vouchers, £20 for second and SU goodies for 3rd prize. I am trying to raise £250 for Ruth who needs an operation desperately.  See my posting at the top of my blog. 

Thanks K x

14 comments:

  1. Both of these are great Karen, I think I prefer the second one... slightly, but they're both lovely!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, would never think of using a black card blank, these look very classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice ones!
    I really like the first one.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards - love the monochrome look. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards...love a black and white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo...that black and grey and white is AMAZING--this is beautiful!!! Good luck with raising funds for your friend--I hope it works out for you and her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great effect on the black Karen. I think the single panel is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific cardas, proves that you don't need too much detail to make a striking card

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. love both cards but this one is my fave.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both fab and I applaud your use of the black card - couldn't pick a fave

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards - love black and white, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW stunning black and white! Just to be different (!) I think the first one is my favourite. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are fab, stunning use of black and white hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete