Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Less is More Stripes

The Lovely Mandi and Chrissie over at Less is More have given us a single layer using stripes.... this was a bit of a challenge for me, usually if I want stripes I use patterned paper, so had to put on my thinking cap.  I finally decided to use some strips of card masked over my card and also stamped my image on scrap card to put onto my card too, then rollered over them with my brayer and some distress ink.....

I wanted random stripes rather than regimented....

I then re stamped my image using my stampa ma jig and then coloured it in...it's more of a coffee bun rather than a brilliant white iced one.  I was so tempted to put some glitter on but I resisted - clean and simple means clean and simple.

I stamped my image purposely on the side - I do like doing that.

K x

6 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely card. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The random spacing on the stripes is perfect for added interest on a OLC - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the varied sizes of the stripes - very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen this is fantastic, love the different widths of stripes and the cake looks delicious!

    You underestimate your talents dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very unique and creative! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, the stripes work well with the cupcake
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete