Thursday, 9 February 2012

New Penny Black

My Nan very kindly sent me some money for my birthday - I had absoluately no trouble spending it, there were strict instructions to spend it on me... so I did.  I bought 3 lovely Penny Black stamps, some clear embossing ink and some sparkly embossing powder - all from Happy Hippo - they are a great company to buy from.

So this one (and one of the others) are to celebrate the 2012 Games in London... the other I will show tomorrow.  I have the very talented Debby (and she is super talented) for tempting me to purchase these ones - her blog has some really great cards using the two stamps.

So SU card and sentiment (another from the hostess set Jo very kindly gave me for my birthday - I am in love...sigh), the paper is also SU.  I stamped the image and then coloured it with my promarkers.

We were at a funeral today - sadly a very dear chap in our village died.  The Church was packed, the marquee was packed and the church yard was packed... considering it was below freezing, everybody did really well - the service was an hour and 10 minutes long and we had arrived a good 25 minutes before the start time.  You can imagine I could not feel my feet, I could barely walk on them they were so cold (we were stood on the cold grass).  I am sure I will be covered in chilblains.  However, a very lovely service for a wonderful chap who really did make a difference to others and brought joy and happiness to his family and friends.  Richard will be sadly missed.

K x

4 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card and I definately need to get some of these new PB stamps. They are gorgeous.
    Sorry to hear of your sad event today
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous, haven't coloured my bus up yet and you've done a brilliant job with yours.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Karen - look forward to seeing your other card too.

    So glad despite the weather Richard had a large attendance at his funeral - nice to know he was so well thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image, how fun is this. Great card. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete