Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Block no. 6....broken spider web


Hi All, here is the second block for March, the broken spider web, this was a lot of fun and I have decided foundation piecing is a really nice way to quilt (better than those pesky triangles).  I am quite pleased with this one, however, whilst my star is all lined up beautifully the block will be off centre if I trim it to the 12.5 as I can't centre it without it being short one side (darn it)

I am learning so much I really am and I confess I am hooked.  I have just started another craftsy course on learning to sew, just doing an envelope cushion, next will be a pencil skirt... watch this space.  It's so much easier watching videos with instructions than trying to follow a book.  I can't tell you how much I am enjoying it and it's not too late for you to join the Block of the Month (it's a free course), my sewing course cost me about £18 - it's nothing is it. 

I sent Jen her card yesterday but it was one I had already shown so won't show it again.  Not heard from Ruth, hope all is well with her.

Happy Wednesday

k x

1 comment:

  1. these is so pretty Karen - I love the colors. Glad you are having a great time learning how to quilt.

    ReplyDelete