Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Quilting with Amy Gibson over at Craftsy

My very good and talented friend Linda found us this blog, it's a free year long quilting course where you make 2 squares a month and then the last two months you make your quilt.  I am just starting as we only found it this week.  It's free and really great.  This is my first effort which once I got set up with my machine etc took about 2 hours to complete.


You start off with a 12.5" square and cut it in various ways and add strips into it.  The photo does not do the colour or indeed the pattern of the fabric any justice.

I am very pleased and just a little bit proud of myself - I was a bit nervous to start with but it's a really lovely course and Amy is just a darling.

Why not go and have a look and have a go yourself.

K x

1 comment:

  1. Well done Karen on making a start on the quilt - your first block looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete