Tuesday, 8 May 2012

my first weekly posting of cross stitch, 2 blocks and my work room


Ok it's doesn't look much but I have a bulging disc in my neck so have had to rest up as much as I can and not spend hours doing the same thing.  Also I have numb little fingers and ring fingers so that doesn't really help either.  For those who can't see what it is, it is a mermaid in the bath with a little table with a gold fish in a bowl on it, with a shelf up above.  All will come clear with back stitching.  This is the first part of the cut thru lighthouse from Bothy Threads (picture in a previous post).

On to block of the month, the first of two blocks, (actually I did two of this type) I much prefer the first picture rather than the second.  I am not a great one for random size strips, but  that's what we were supposed to do.

 This one below I don't like as much, I ended up with a bit of a narrow strip on the bottom edge, and also I didn't follow the sewing pieces clockwise so have ended up with some edges which are not quite right.  I will be using the one above (which isn't perfect) but I like it.   I was working blind as I have no internet so I had watched the tutorial one lunch time at work and then gone on my own sweet way.  BT customer service is rubbish - 3.5 hours to get an engineer to come out to fix my internet and that won't be until Friday.
 On another note I thought I would show you the place where all my creative stuff happens.  You will notice I have tv and music - neither of which I use when sewing as I can't concentrate, but do use them sometimes if I am card making.  Linda H will be most impressed with the clutter going on - she already thinks I have the worlds biggest obsession for tidying....(you can just see Linda and I in a photo - top left of the notice board).
 This is the other way, the gorgeous cross stitch is one Linda did for me, it's all about vegetable growing.  The other "10 in the bed" I did years ago.  The patterned fabric is the yet to be finished skirt with the two blocks on top.  The cupboards go along the entire wall and house my card stock, papers, stamps, materials etc.
So there you have it, a little bit of my life... I am not sure how long I will be able to work with the clutter but until I get around to sorting out the top drawer to put it all in, it will remain out....

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

K X

1 comment:

  1. Clutter? what clutter? Good progress on the lighthouse and well done on getting two more blocks completed. Still to start my first one!

    ReplyDelete