Sunday, 27 January 2013

How I have used my sugar block of the month

As you know I am taking part in the totally talented and absolutely amazing Amy Gibson's sugar block of the month with Linda and Wynneth. I am determined to make every single block into something and this one is the first.....

I used instructions from "sew what bags" a book I have worked from before. This tote you make two bags and slip one inside wrong sides together and turn the tops under by an inch and slip the handles in between the two layers. Not a hard job, but I had to add a border on to my block and do some fiddling to get it to the right size.

This bag is the first real project on the new machine which I have to say is so much easier to use than my old brother, just things like speed control and the extra guides marks on the foot plate.....quite honestly it's just delicious.

K





5 comments:

  1. You've done a fantastic job of turning your block into a really useful and very pretty bag. Great work with your new machine too - have loads of fun working with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty bag Karen, good use for the block! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - I LOVE this. What a great job you are doing. I'm really glad you are enjoying your new sewing machine and can't wait to see what else you show us - you deserve every bit of the fun you are getting out of it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really cute!! I love the colors of the fabrics!!
    elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ! what a fabulous project you've made with your Sugar Block Club block. I do so love that fabric. Good to hear you are getting along so well with your new wonderful machine.

    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete