Thursday, 31 January 2013

Progress....

Block 4 of the quilt is being machine appliqued with the new machine. There is a lovely blanket stitch on the machine which is perfect for doing this block. I am not sure which is quicker hand stitching or machining, both are just as much fun to do and I am getting more confident with each bit I do.

the knee lift is a great invention - if I push it to the side with my leg it lifts the pressure foot which allows me to pivot the material, as I already have my needle down program in place it makes for much smoother transition.

I hope all is good with every one

k x




3 comments:

  1. Cute dogs - this is going to look super. It seems you are having a lot of fun playing with your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the block Karen. I haven't used the knee lift as yet. Think I will have a morning of play with the machine today! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new machine is looking more and more attractive ! I can imagine how useful the knee lift lever is. Loving this block with the cute doggies.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete