Friday, 25 January 2013

Sugar block first block

This is the first block for the sugar block that Linda http://suchislife-linda.blogspot.co.uk/ and Wynneth http://stampinggrandma.blogspot.co.uk/   and I are doing. At first I struggled but in the end really pleased with the result.   (sorry I could not get the link thingy to work)

I am going to try and make the block into something rather than just leave it done but not sure what yet.....

The pink block is the example and the browns and reds are my block.

I have been over and checked both Wynneth's and Linda's out - I love the colours they have both used and the fact that all three blocks are the same pattern but look so different is just wonderful.  They have both done such a great job and I can see this sugar block being a whole lot of fun for the three of us - well done both.x





5 comments:

  1. I think it's great how different all our blocks look with our fabric choices. Looking forward to block 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is fabulous Karen, I love the fabrics and colours you've chosen. I was at Wespoint yesterday and bought a couple of 12x12 plastic boxes and plan to keep my BOMs in those until I've done them all. I may stitch them all together at the end if I like the look of them together.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Don't know about you, but I can't wait to get the Feb block pattern !
    hugs
    wynneth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen - my email contact is on my blog, it would be easier to communicate that way for us rather than commenting on our blogs ! Is the Craftsy course you signed up to the Freemotion Quilting a Sampler ? If so, I've already signed up to that one as I thought it would be useful. I've had a little go at freemotion but it looked like a mess to me !
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Karen, really interesting fabrics! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it Karen !!!

    ReplyDelete