Friday, 1 February 2013

Chemo Caps

I have volunteered to make some chemo caps for another friend of mine that has been diagnosed with cancer, the chemo will make her definately loose her hair.  Here is the link to the wonderful instructions to make the caps.  http://www.daydreambelievers.net/2010/08/head-scarf-chemo-cap-tutorial.html.

I contacted a company regarding the ribbed soft material you need to make the head band out of and a lovely man contacted me and said he would send me the material free of charge and wished me good luck with my project.  Sadly his sister had died of cancer and he knew how she felt when she lost her hair.  I was so touched - thank you so much Paresh.  

Acts of kindness no matter how great or small are still very much around and I was so touched.

K xx

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you are making some chemo caps, and so good that your personal act of kindness was reflected back by Paresh. The world would be such a better place if each of us undertook to include just one act of kindness each day.

    Good luck with making these caps, I know they will be greatly appreciated.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete