Wednesday, 24 April 2013

WOYWW #203

The work desk has been busy tonight.

First of all I had three cards to make, I stamped the sentiment and image from an SU set, used pro markers to colour and then used SU card, paper and ribbon to finish, and the odd button.

The pile of material is a change to last week, I was going to use some greens I had but decided to use some of the quilt materials to make this months sugar block into a cushion. I am supposed to have this block finished by Friday, best be getting a wiggle on. I am not that keen on English paper piecing but hey ho, it's got to be done.

Happy WOYWW everyone, hop over to Julia's blog Stamping Ground to have a look at what everyone else has been up to or to join in the fun.

K x









9 comments:

  1. looks like you are going to be kept really busy I love your cards they are great
    Happy WOYWW #203 and thank you for sharing your desk with us today
    Ria #60

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun cards Karen. I like the colours you have chosen for this months Sugar BOM - I will be getting a wiggle on tomorrow evening too! Saw Wynneth's block this evening - very pretty and she said it was a much easier one to do so here's hoping we both think so too!

    Interesting project on the front of your magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute cards!

    Love the fabric - is that red spotty I spy? My favourite!

    Happy WOYWW. Susi #61

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin the frog cards. Happy WOYWW.
    April #119

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! Love the frog. I'm not a fan of paper piecing either but it does have it's advantages for some blocks. I saw one in the Jan/ Feb issue of Fons & Porter that uses it that I HAVE to do! LOL Creative Blessings!
    Kelly #123

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely busy work desk Karen. Love the froggy cards, he is a cutie !

    Yummmy fabrics you've chosen for your Sugar Block BOM, can't wait to see it finished and turned into a cushion. I'm still just collecting up the blocks, haven't decided what I'll do with them all at the end ! After doing the machine quilting workshop last weekend, I'm probably going to quilt each BOM before stitching them all together into a quilt, but we'll wait and and see LOL I didn't exactly ENJOY this month's block, but it was easier than the last paper pieced pattern - hope you find it easier too !
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many talents . paper piecing that will keep you busy and the desk is so organized and interesting . Have a great Thursday! OK I am a day late.

    Monica 103

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I had that stamp set once.... now I miss it! Your card is so dang cute.

    Happy WOYWW
    Kay (14)

    ReplyDelete