Monday, 6 May 2013

Cut Thru Lighthouse...sick, sick, sick of yellow

Will the yellow never be finished... I am sick of it, truly I am. In fact had I realised how much there was I would have taken the decision not to stitch the yellow either side of the lamp. However, that technically would be cheating wouldn't it.

I have a few more stitches to put in this side and then just about all of the other, but think I will be going on to another page - although it does not sit well with me to do it.

I don't find the light colours easy to see so it makes it twice as difficult

I wonder how everyone else has got on this week, why not hop over to Supervisor Debbie's blog and have a look - you will find a link to her blog on my side bar.

K

7 comments:

  1. Keep persevering Karen as it's going to be worth it in the end. Hope you've had a wonderful weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that's a lot of yellow! But the lighthouse has to shine for everyone to see! Do a different section next time. I added your pic to the SAL page!

    http://debbiescrossstitch.blogspot.com/p/bothy-threads-cut-thru-sal.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lighthouse looks great Karen. The yellow beacon helps to make the design. I know you don't like skipping around, but next week just put in a few strands in a different section.
    I have also added the pic to my SAL page.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking fab. The yellow will be so right when it is done

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all the lighthouse has to have light shinning so everyone can see their way:) I love this part of the whole design - its my favorite. I just stopped stitching for the night. I too am stitching a different section or I would be stuck in the ground part of Fairy Hill (all brown). Too dark for photos tonight I will post tomorrow. love Annette Your doing so good. We are here to hear you vent:))) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow is my favorite color but I do believe after stitching this much yellow, I would have to find a new favorite :) I must say though, your lighthouse is simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you will be happy when you are finished with all the yellow.

    And I bet you will be very pleased with how it looks and be glad you stitched it.

    It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete