Monday, 27 May 2013

Quilted peg bag

You know when you see something in a shop that costs a fair bit of money and you think....I could make that.....well having spent the afternoon making said item I now appreciate that it was worth every penny.

Having said that I know retail tends to put 50% on top of the price that they pay for it so the person who spent a good few hours making it will actually not get very much.....

So we needed a new peg bag and it's bank holiday Monday so decided to make a quilted version including free motion quilting it both sides. I did struggle a bit doing the binding on the v neck I have to confess.

As usual a steep learning curve and I do tend to get frustrated when I can't get things right but it will do and is now full of pegs.

Tomorrow will give my SAL update.

K x



1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic Karen. Good luck with the SAL -more yellow? or have you been brave and taken a detour?

    ReplyDelete