Friday, 10 May 2013

The unsung heroes

Ladies thank you for your lovely and very kind comments on my last posting. 

I should have added that there are a lot of unsung heroes in my story, I am only a very, very small part of a very large group of people.  Sue, Keith's wife visits every single day, twice if she hasn't got anyone covering the afternoon visit, Keith's son has been such a support to both Keith and Sue, as has their daughter in law and grandson.  Sue's sister in law visits a few times a week and other friends take their turn. 

Poor Sue has a brother who is dying, so she divides her time between seeing to her brother and seeing to Keith - she never stops.  I do my little bit for both of them but wish there was more I could do, but with running the business and everything else it's not easy to find the time.  I only give up two hours of my week which is nothing and if I can do a little something to brighten his day then I am happy.

With the Drs and nurses, family, care workers and friends Keith is very lucky, every day he gets a step closer to going home.  I always have a quick chat with everyone in his little ward as some of them do not have a visitor to cheer them on.... treat others how you would like to be treated yourself, with dignity, love and respect. 

It feels really good to do a little good don't you think?

k

No comments:

Post a Comment