Wednesday, 14 August 2013

A new quilt is born....

For the last few weeks I have been itching to start a quilt. Lovely Linda Harris gave me a book, if my memory serves me well called Antique to Heirloom Jelly Roll Quilts. I have wanted to make a Tumbling Block Quilt since I saw one that someone had made in one of the magazines which was amazing and there is a perfect pattern in this book.



I had the jelly roll which I bought ages ago and some cream material, just need to hook out the outer fabric. It's Farmers Market by Moda.
So here are the first pictures. My quilters diary showing my notes and where I will record the hours worked, the book and the jelly roll and cream (sounds like pudding)
First job - unroll the jelly roll.......and sort into 16 dark strips, sixteen medium, leaving 8 for binding and then cut 40 three inch strips from the cream fabric.
I will post my quilt journey as I go and I really hope you will enjoy reading my quilting diary.

K x








2 comments:

  1. Ooh look forward to seeing this progress Karen and hope you have lots of fun working from the book.

    Your SAL is coming along nicely too and I'm sure you'll soon have that finished too,

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I sure look forward to seeing you create this incredible and beautiful quilt. Love the block quilt project you selected. lol I agree opening the jelly roll is the first step:)
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete