Tuesday, 5 November 2013

For my sister Lou

My sister Lou is having an operation today, she is a wonderful sister but more than that she is my best friend and I love her to bits.  She has to have her knee hoovered out - she fell over when we were on a family day out back in August whilst playing rounders and damaged it.  She has just emailed to say she is back in her room now and is ok.  Hopefully she will be sitting up shortly with a cup of tea and a cheese sandwich.  She is very lucky to have private health care with the company that she works for so has gone to a lovely private hospital - more like a hotel!

This card is decoupaged but my photo taken on my iPad doesn't really show it (I should really take proper pictures for my blog as they really aren't too special)

The image is from my best friend from Lili of the Valley.  The sentiment is from a very well used Lili set of stamps which has a stamp for nearly every occasion, stamped out with my SU circular punch.  The pearls are Stampin Up as is the card, button and beautifully patterned paper.  The ribbon is I think from a box of chocolates or something, don't think it's stampin up.

I am close to finishing the crochet bear hood cowl that I have been working on for a few weeks.  Lou has finished hers.... see the photo of her wearing the hood below...
 
I am so proud of the how well she is doing with her crochet, she has just finished a pair of slippers too...
 
I am enjoying doing my crochet rather than cross stitch, I find it quite relaxing.


K x

1 comment:

  1. I hope Lou recovers quickly from her operation - a beautiful card.

    Well done to Lou for completing her crochet projects and I look forward to seeing yours modeled soon.

    ReplyDelete