Thursday, 12 December 2013

My Mum's Christmas card

As most of you know I don't send Christmas cards, we give a donation to charity, this year we sent it to the DEC for the Philippines appeal.  There is an exception though, my Mum.  We don't buy gifts for each other and this year I wanted to make her something a bit special as she is going up to my sister's for Christmas so won't actually be with her on Christmas Day. 
 
I gave her the card this morning, so no I can show case it on my blog.  I made it using SU card, I stamped the snowmen etc from an SU set I bought a few years ago (several times) and then coloured and decoupaged them.  The Merry Christmas is also SU as it the bauble which I stamped onto mirri card.

Isn't the little glove cute.  I added some SU pearls and some glitter to the whole thing to make it really christmassy.  The ipad photo doesn't really do it justice. The string of gloves at the top are cut out and on dimensionals.


You can get a sense of some of the depth from the photo below.  Inside I mounted some white card on mirri and also put a matching bauble inside.
She was delighted with it.
 
It's getting close to Christmas now - hope the panic hasn't set in.
 
K x

1 comment: