Sunday, 2 March 2014

I've been making cushions

Yesterday we had a super day with my sister Lou and her hubby Andy.  Lou and I went to the Farnborough make it show, which if I am honest was a disappointment. We were home within an hour and a half, bearing in mind travelling is about 20 minutes each way. This meant we had an early lunch and headed off to Windsor.  First ever trip there and it was lovely.  We had blue sky and sunshine and the Queen was in residence although we didn't see her. 

We walked up the long walk to the castle and then over the river Thames to look at Eton which was beautiful too. We had a costa coffee in the courtyard as we had the dog with us and then Lou and I went in search of the C&H store to drool over the wool and material. The dark blue material was an off cut I purchased to go with the other material. 

We had a really great time looking around Windsor, really enjoyed it. We saw prince Phillip's deer and also there were some gorgeous parakeets in the trees. 

Lou made us a delicious curry for our tea - thanks Lou x x 

Today after our walk it started to rain so I used the opportunity to make some cushions, the top one is my first ever effort at piping. They aren't zipped they are envelope cushions so you use a bit more material. 
 The piping wasn't so easy I have to say but I did an ok job. I even made the piping myself.
The blue cushion colour is a really good match for a tree we have above our fire place so had to have it. 
 I have a few more to make for the chairs. 

2 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun. Your cushions are beautiful and well done on making your own piping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Debbie http://debbiescrossstitch.blogspot.com/ sent me here. She said you finished the Bothy Thread Lighthouse. I was looking to purchase it or trade for it. Is that something you are interested in? If not no problem at all. I'm working on the Pirate Ship and fell in love and was hoping to do the Lighthouse and the Castle some time in the future. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete