Sunday, 14 September 2014

Well and truly over card making

Its sad isn't it when I am sitting here making cards and begrudging the time it's taking and not enjoying it one bit....here is a card I made today, uninspiring and quite honestly not one of my better cards....trouble is I am getting so little recreation time that when I do all I want to do is sew.....

In between waking up and hoping to work or just before sleep I leap on the machine to get even a couple of strips sewn...bonkers I know. 

However, it's not all work, yesterday we gave the house a good clean, went on two walks and had friends for dinner which was wonderful, the dinner not the house work so much but I do like a bit of good cleaning.....

Today, walked picked two more boxes of blackberries to be made into blackberry and apple pies tomorrow night when I make the carrot and squash soup as we dug up a load of carrots today. Tonight planted out the leeks, kale and cabbage in the veg garden, some salad leaves in the greenhouse and some more cabbage seeds to go in when the beans have finished.  Between 12 and 3 we were on our bird of prey experience at Libertys in Ringwood, the owl, raptor and reptile sanctuary. It was incredible, photos to follow when I have put them on the computer. What amazing work they do there and so worth a visit. It was an anniversary treat that we had to postpone because of bad weather. Truly magical, even a bald eagle to hold.....

Another walk with Barney and then a session in the hot tub, so like I say not all work.....

The sewing machine sits quietly in the corner along with my yet to be named dressmakers form.

K x 
Some more strips ready to go....
I don't like mess one bit.....clear up time.

1 comment:

  1. Your weekend (apart from the housework) sounded wonderful. Your garden is certainly producing lots of lovely fruit and veg.

    Enjoy your stitching x

    ReplyDelete