Sunday, 3 January 2016

Achievements !

It's funny how a New Year can make you feel energised and determined.... it could of course be the super long holiday we have just had from the business, we finished at 12.00 on the 23rd December and head back tomorrow morning (it's going to be tough getting up at 6.00 tomorrow I am sure).  The weather has been so wet in the UK, with so many people being flooded, more than once, we are now praying for some dry weather.... what it does do it make you stay inside which in my case means I get things done.

So the dress is finished, bit too shy to show myself in it, but will take a photo of it on the hanger and post it up some time.  I'm just starting to read Fit for Real People by Patti Palmer and Marta Alto which is all about making any dress pattern fit your body.  I have had the book for a bit but have only dipped in and out.  This year I am determined to teach myself some more sewing techniques - so have made a resolution to read every day from one of my sewing books, or watch one of my Crafty courses for at least 10 minutes.  I read every night before I go to sleep but use my Kindle and tend to read novels but I am going to make a point of reading something useful before I even pick up my Kindle!  I am hoping this will improve my skills.

The last ball of wool has been used - the charcoal, all I need to do is sew the buttons on.  I only have two left so have ordered some more from ebay.  I have also been on Love Knitting and ordered five more balls of wool - in various colours - blossom, raspberry, denim twist, fig and oatmeal.  Those that know me know that I wear a scarf most of the year and these colours will go well with various outfits.  So the dress is done (tick), the charcoal fishermans wife cowl is done (tick - except the buttons)...... not sure what the next sewing project will be but I am moving on !

Did a work out in the gym this morning (the home gym) and now it's brightening up we are heading out with the dog for a walk.

Happy Sunday everyone !

1 comment:

  1. A brand new year always makes me feel positive too. I'm glad you have enjoyed your break from work and hope getting up early tomorrow won't be too bad for you.

    Well done on getting the dress complete and the cowl - enjoy your hobbies and make sure you get some time to relax in the evenings. x

    ReplyDelete