Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Cross Stitch progress



What I thought was a pin cushion is actually an embroidery hoop which is the picture I am working on at the moment.  I also started to back stitch the first skein of thread.

What looks to be a grubby mark, top left is actually on my phone camera lens not on the cross stitch...and I'll be darned if I can get it off !

It's a tiny needle and a small aida count, the only saving grace is that it's whole stitches !

I don't anticipate getting very far on a weekly basis with this one, to be honest I am not enjoying it one bit, I am not sure if I am off cross stitch or just fed up with a tiny needle and not getting very far... unlike sewing and  knitting where I seem to make progress quickly cross stitch is very slow going.

3 comments:

  1. Every stitch counts and it will look fabulous when finished - keep persevering and don't put any pressure on yourself to complete it in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knit a little too - and I do think an hour knitting looks a whole bunch different than an hour cross stitching. But I love the colors of your current WIP. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, a little encouragement goes a long way...

    ReplyDelete