Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Books

 

Our telephone box in the village has been adopted recently.  Inside we have a defibrillator, book exchange, maps, information on where you can get refreshments, events that are happening local walks etc.  All the shelves were provided by our joinery company and hubby and I along with Carol and Trevor gave the box a new lick of paint.   Outside we have an OS map of the area so folk can see where they are walking!

This brings me on to my books.... the Girl on the Train just happened to be on the shelf waving at me one evening and I borrowed it to read - I REALLY enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to anyone that likes a bit of a thriller and a complicated weave of a story.  I would love to know who added it to the book shelf so I could talk to them about it.  My sister is going to read it next.

The other book the Lifeboat I can hardly put down - it's a really great read and I would highly recommend this one too.  I got this in a second hand book shop in Wimborne called Black Pug Books, it's an Aladdin's cave, you can find more info here 

3 comments:

  1. this sounds so much fun. What an amazing idea. Will have to read the Girl on the Train - I trust your review. Thanks for Sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to adapt the phone box. Glad You enjoyed the books, will add them to my list of potential reads, its great to have recommendations from other readers. Well done on your challenge what a great team you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea for a new usage of the telephone box.

    ReplyDelete