Wednesday, 6 July 2016

It's been a while....

A proper post has been a long time coming, what with working long hours and walking in our spare time to get the miles up for the challenge we really haven't had chance to do much else!

I felt the sudden urge (and pressing need) to make a card for a friend -  it was going to be the last opportunity to give her the card before her birthday as we were seeing her on a team walk and as the nearest shop is a good five miles from us and the selection of cards are practically non existent and not very nice I mustered up some effort to make one.

I actually really enjoyed it, I love this particular stamp which I coloured in using pro markers.  My friend is going to London to see Take That in Hyde Park and loves going to the Nation's capital so I thought the bus would be perfect for the card.


This inspired me to make a get well soon/thinking of you card as well which wasn't quite so much effort but never the less I enjoyed it.  When you think of the cost of 2 decent cards is well over £5 it got me thinking.... I am tempted to allow £2.50 per card I make and see just how much money I can save (criminal really buying card when I have cupboard full of stuff).  So my challenge to myself is to NOT buy cards and make them and make a note of how much money I can save just by allocating £2.50 to each one... does that make sense or am I waffling!



And finally my joyful world SAL.  You will notice I started the border for August as I didn't have the pattern for July at the time so did the borders instead.  I am hoping to get a bit more done to this one over the weekend. Ideally I would have liked to have had it finished by the 10th when August will be out but that is VERY doubtful.  I will set myself the realistic target of the end of July to finish it.  I am SO desperate to get back on my actual sewing machine but I find myself feeling under pressure to do the SAL.  I know all your lovely ladies will be thinking I am mad and yes I am - I put my hand up to being obsessed with things and in my head not being done by the end of July is a real big thing! I am enjoying it though and this one is going to be given away as a gift - unlike the other 8 that are sat finished, unframed in my cupboard at home (criminal)!



3 comments:

  1. You're not waffling, it makes perfect sense. While I know you already do lots of good things perhaps put the money in a charity box instead each time you've made a card.

    Don't put yourself under pressure with the SAL enjoy the process xxx.

    Well done o your challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card making strategy sounds very good. And besides this a hand made card is always very personal. The two that you made are so lovely. Great job.
    Nice progress on your July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe Cards are so over priced now days - I think making them will have to save you money.. And I think hand made cards are so special.

    Your July is looking great. I am sorry you feel so much pressure to finish the SAL. I love watching and reading about your sewing projects..

    ReplyDelete