Monday, 22 August 2016

August progress


I couldn't manage the lazy daisy stitches so after a frustrating hour trying I made up my own flowers. I have seen lots of different takes on this SAL so I thought it wouldn't matter too much.  It certainly won't affect the finished product and the person receiving it won't know.  I would really like to get it finished by the end of August but there is still a fair bit to do.

We were hedge cutting again this weekend - I am pleased to report that the front is finished, the beech side hedge and back hedge are also finished  but the huge one down the other boundary is still waiting to be done ! ! ! I said to my dear husband that if he wanted me to help him with it it would have to be done in stages as I am not as young as I was and work a really long week with the business - so that's what we did.  It had grown like mad so we had loads to come off the top and sides.

It wasn't all hedge cutting, we walked to the golf club with the dog and had lunch out which was lovely and on Saturday we met with M & FIL for coffee and cake in the morning at the local garden centre.  It was really nice to catch up with them and FIL actually looked quite well!

Our anniversary on Friday (27 years) was celebrated with a meal at the Castleman - a very lovely small family run hotel not far from us - the steak is beautiful there and we both really enjoyed it.

Hope you all had a good weekend

k x

5 comments:

  1. 27 years. CONGRATS.. And Cheers to all the Hedge Clipping. I think your flowers in August are super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda for the congrats and for your lovely comments k xx

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful anniversary and your weekend although busy sounds delightful. You've made great progress on the SAL - i think I will do something different for the lazy daisy stitches as I had difficulty making them show up on the bees from a previous month. Really pleased to hear that FIL is looking well.xxx


    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a wonderful anniversary and your weekend although busy sounds delightful. You've made great progress on the SAL - i think I will do something different for the lazy daisy stitches as I had difficulty making them show up on the bees from a previous month. Really pleased to hear that FIL is looking well.xxx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda xx I do feel like the SAL is moving on. Sometimes you just need to give yourself a little push to get the momentum going again!

      K x

      Delete