Friday, 19 August 2016

Snowflower Diaries

My August Snowflower diaries sttiching is not progressing terribly well I am afraid to say, having not picked it up for at least 3 weeks !  I need to get a wriggle on as September (which is cute owls) is waiting in the wings (pardon the pun)



I will try and make sure I do some over the weekend as we are expecting a lot of rain!

We recently bought a blow up kayak (no room to transport the normal type) and have had a couple of really nice sessions on the local river - the weather has been amazing.  Our little dog (who also has a life jacket) really likes it too - which is amazing.  I said to my hubby we could give it a go and if he didn't like it at 14 we weren't going to push him, but clearly in his older years he is taking things in his stride a bit more as he sat as good as gold, really calm just watching the river go by which blew me away really.

We also went down to Kimmeridge last weekend for the day with friends to take them on the snorkel trail - with the exception of Phillip who wasn't over bothered and doggy sat whilst we did it.  It was amazingly clear and the 13 year old we had with us plus our adult friends really enjoyed it.

We also kayaked across the bay and back (the girls) not the chaps, finishing with a bar-b-que.

On the Sunday we went to Kingston Lacy which was just lovely (National Trust) followed by lunch at the golf club.

Monday night we went out for a ride on the motorbike with a friend of ours.  Tuesday we kayaked and Wednesday we went for a good walk.  Last night we went into town for a cold drink before coming home.  You can't say we didn't make hay whilst the sun shone - now it's raining :( Sad for the Bournemouth Air Show as it's supposed to be rotten tomorrow too.

Have a great weekend all.

K x

4 comments:

  1. You've been having great fun and I hope you had a wonderful wedding anniversary x. So glad Barney enjoyed his trip on the water. I haven't even started August yet, I think the lazy daisy stitches have put me off a little, but like you I must crack on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda we did have a lovely evening. You'll see from my posting I didn't do the lazy daisy stitches !

      Delete
  2. You have been busy with lots of fun activities lately. No wonder that stitching has been on the back seat a little bit. But you will soon catch up on the Joyful World SAL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brigitte, hope you are well

      k x

      Delete