Monday, 5 September 2016

September was a hoot!

I finished September last night - I have to say you can really feel the theme of autumn through the stitching and in real life (we lit our wood burner on Saturday as it was really miserable).  I have changed the colours a little bit to compensate because of the colour of my aida.  I am wondering what October will be - and we are on the last quarter of the SAL which can only mean we are heading for the end of another year.

Still 3 months to get through first and as we travelled to work on our first morning back in the lashing down rain & having got up in near darkness (we had our company shutdown last week) I couldn't help but feel a little in despair of the dark nights approaching and the lack of sunshine.  I have to remain positive though - I really struggle this time of the year and yesterday was almost frantic inside - a tell tale sign that things are on the change.  For those of you who don't have SAD be thankful as it's a real drain.

So on a positive note, I did have a smile to myself as my dear friend Linda has joined a Solo September SAL - basically you focus on one project for the whole of September and stitch only that. She will be laughing reading this post as she will know that I ONLY ever stitch on one project as it gives me the heebee geebees to have more than one thing on the go and for the first time ever I have this project and a Bothy Threads sewing room sampler which I bravely put to one side to join this SAL (influenced by her)  The poor old Bothy Threads hasn't had a look in for ages but I know I need to stay focused on the Snowflower Diary sampler to get it finished on time.

We have a lovely week off, some of it spent on the Purbecks in our camper van and some spent at home.

K x

6 comments:

  1. love this Karen and love owls. I'm glad you had a great time off last week (we are off today due to it being labor day, so I am in my happy place today). We are seeing some changes in the weather here as well, but it is still a little hot for my liking. I totally understand doing one project at a time - I have a hard time sometimes going one day at a time :) I am enjoying seeing you and Linda show your creations. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, thank you for your lovely comments, hope you are ok.

      love K x

      Delete
  2. Great finish on September, Karen. I love these little owls a lot. Like you I'm also curious to see what she will come up with for the remaining 3 months.
    So you also join Solo September. Looking forward to seeing your progress on your piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brigitte, thank you, no haven't joined the solo as I only ever stitch one piece at a time so I won't bother. Don't want to add any more pressure to myself. K xx

      Delete
  3. Your September Owls look amazing and it does seem like just yesterday it was January. I hate the dark mornings too. But I love the smells of Autumn so I am not minding the change. I too joined Solo September - I will be very surprised if I get through the month working on just one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck Melinda with the Solo September...... Yes, it's gone in the blink of any eye!

      Delete